Monday, November 5, 2007

Cookie Tuesday Potluck!


Tomorrow is our Cookie Tuesday Potluck! This is excellent news for me because I only made half as much cookie as usual. Half as much cookie = half as much time = half as much work = way more time to sit in my big comfy chair watching Heroes and drinking hot cocoa.

I made oatmeal, semisweet chocolate chip & dried cherry cookies!
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2-2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1-1 1/2 cups semisweet chips
1-1 1/2 cups dried cherries

Bake @ 350 for 9-11 minutes.
Makes about 3 dozen.
Is fairly tasty.

Anyways, hopefully people will actually remember to bring in cookies if they said they would. I have said before that the people at work surprise my cynical self with their generosity. But they don't actually like to do stuff. It's way easier to stick a dollar in the box and grab a cookie than bake cookies and plate them and bring them in. Perhaps they will again surprise my cynical self. But I am too cynical to believe that.


Okay, I had to make this quick 6 am edit:
I had a dream last night that I got to work and then someone emailed me saying "Good job on the cookies today, it's a good thing you brought in more than just a dozen since everyone forgot to bring cookies." And then I panicked and woke up. Really, it was more of a nightmare. But now I am paranoid that everyone will forget to bring cookies.
I have had many crazy dreams lately. Two nights ago I dreamt that Melanie, Cherish and I were in some quiet, crowded public place and suddenly I yelled out "Oh no! I forgot to watch Heroes!!!!!!" And then everyone stared at me, Melanie and Cherish laughed, and I sat down on the floor. Thank goodness I did remember to watch Heroes last night so this dream would not become reality.
Then last night I had another weird dream, in addition to the potluck nightmare, where I got home and was getting ready for bed when suddenly I yelled out "Oh no! I forgot to vote!!!!!!" Then I sat down on the floor.

Basically:
1. I hope people remember to bring cookies!
2. Heroes was pretty good!
3. I will be voting today, of course!

No comments: