Monday, December 3, 2007

National Cookie Day! Hooray!

Tuesday is National Cookie Day!!!!!!

In honor of this truly joyous occasion I whipped up a few Loreos. I slipped some mini semisweet chips in the filling in approximately half of the cookies. I was not entirely confident that it was enough of an enhancement to alter the whole batch but I did think it was worth a try.

I had this whole tremendously beautiful plan for my evening:
Stop at the grocery store briefly to grab eggs, butter & cream cheese. Run on home. Mix up the cookies & bake them. Store the cookies. Go to Melanie & Cherish's for the dramatically delicious "Heroes" finale. Run on home. Mix up the cream cheese & powdered sugar filling. Spread between all the cookies. Throw the cookies on a tray. (Do not literally throw the cookies on a tray.) Shove in refridgerator until morning is nigh.

I fucked all this up because I did not take into account the fact that I would not actually do this. I would instead laze around until the "Heroes" finale. Then stop at the grocery store on my way home from their house. Run on home. Mix up the cookies & filling. Etc, etc, etc. So my perpetual procrastination pervades me once again.
But that was some sweet alliteration, huh? Huh? I know it! I was pretty excited about that one.

So my plan for the rest of this evening is this:
Get some motherfucking sleep. I will do my best at this. It will be a valiant attempt no matter the outcome.

No comments: