Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Year End Updatastic!

Hello Dear Friends,

I have been a slouch when it comes to my recent Cookie Tuesday updates. Partly because they have been boring repeat cookie and partly because I forget everything all the time!

So I will give you an update on the cookies & crafties portion of my life over the last few weeks:

I started knitting 2 or 3 weeks ago and have completed one puny but adorable green fuzzy scarf, one citron scarf that is serious about keeping me warm and covered and that is all. But I am working on another project that will be a (hopefully) wonderful gift for a friend.
I have also started reading way more knitting and crafting blogs which is due in large part to Cherish's recommendations. With all the reading I have come up with a myriad of craft ideas, none of which have actually been started yet. I'm confident I'll get there, though.
My cookies as of late have been relatively boring, some oatmeal something or others, some peanut butter chocolate chunks.
I did make a large batch of oatmeal, dried blueberry & semisweet chocolate cookies that I divvied up and gifted to family members last night. They seemed pretty excited about them, especially since they have been aware of my baking chops for a few years.
And! And! AND! As a Christmas gift I got the heaviest bag ever. That is because it contained:
1 10 lb bag of organic all purpose flour
1 10 lb bag of organic granulated sugar
1 large bag of semisweet chocolate chips
1 silpat mat
I was the most excited about that gift. When I got home last night I was so tired that I just left it in my car. However, if a baking emergency pops up at any point throughout the day and perhaps even tomorrow I will have some supplies!

No comments: