Tuesday, November 18, 2008

So, about that stick...

In art class today we had to attach a sturdy drawing utensil to the end of our stick then pair up with someone and draw their portrait holding the opposite end of the stick.

This task was unreasonably upsetting.

I am aware that I have control issues, my teacher even pointed it out today, so that's part of why I freaked out today but it's obviously more than that. I've been sincerely starting to burn out lately, especially in my drawing class. My teacher is seriously excellent and partially to blame. I mean, he teaches as though we are all artists, and he brings up excellent topics relating to our artistic growth which has made me get a little emotional lately.
I'm having a hard time figuring out what I want with my art and where I want to go with it, as in how I want to develop my personal style. I don't really know how I draw. I've been trying to figure it out but I've just been having a fucking hard time dealing with it.

At one point in class today I was getting so frustrated trying to figure out where to go with my drawing that when my piece of charcoal broke in half at the end of my stick I threw my stick on the ground and walked away.
This is me seriously overreacting and having a mini-breakdown.


Oof. This emotional crap is boring me. I'm hungry.

No comments: